The Casual Chronicles of an Incurable Creative

An Artist's Ramblings About Sculpting, Glass Beadmaking, Photography, 3D Art and Anything Else That Springs To Mind.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Hello World

Greetings! My name is Kay and I am an “incurable creative”.

My creative urges seem to take many forms. I guess you could also call me a “creative generalist” where I have some mediums of expression that I favour more than others, but have fun experimenting with lots of different stuff and have an unending desire to be creative in almost everything I do.

So I thought to myself; why not go ahead and create a blog that casually documents the myriad ways I express creativity? It’s a way to share and a way to motivate myself to actively pursue fun forms of self-expression. It's almost a malady...if I’m not being creative, I tend not to feel particularly vigorous.

These days, I pursue a career as a 3D computer graphics artist. I work for a large video game company and my area of expertise is CG environments and lighting. It’s a field that holds both creative and technical challenges. Outside of my career though, I feel the need to further explore. I always crave variety. So I’ve recently branched out into things such as pottery, glasswork and sculpture. I even have the urge to try my hand at illustration. And you, dear friends, who happen to stop by to take a peek now and then, will get a chance to check it all out.

So here’s my first contribution. It’s a figurative illustration titled, “Welcome to My Blog”.

Stay tuned!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure if the pictures are of flying doggies or flying turtles. the illustrations are ok. the captions are where your true talent seems to lie.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Kay Darby said...

Flying Doggies or Flying Turtles...the choice is yours!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home