The Casual Chronicles of an Incurable Creative

An Artist's Ramblings About Sculpting, Glass Beadmaking, Photography, 3D Art and Anything Else That Springs To Mind.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gone to Seed

A couple weeks ago I was outside in my front yard and I discovered that the African Daisies I'd planted in my hanging baskets had lots of little seeds in the spent and dry flowerheads. I thought, "hey, why don't I harvest these seeds, create little packets for them and give them as gifts to my friends for planting next year?" So I took a couple digital shots of the flowers still growing, did some photo-manipulation in Photoshop and voila! Seed packet imagery. I then printed several copies out and assembled them into the finished packets. It was a fun and quick little project.

And my 2006 Daisies will have their second-coming through their seeds in 2007. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Yay! Love the daisies! I can't wait to plant them - although I'm not too confident in my gardening abilities considering I've nearly killed all my patio plants :(
Nice presentation as well...I'm a huge sucker for pretty pictures and attractive packaging.
Happy gardening!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Kay Darby said...

Lots of sun, lots of water and good rich soil. I look forward to seeing your flowers next year! ;)

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home