The Casual Chronicles of an Incurable Creative

An Artist's Ramblings About Sculpting, Glass Beadmaking, Photography, 3D Art and Anything Else That Springs To Mind.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Idyllic Places

"Island Vista"
An Idyllic View from Salt Spring Island, BC
Photo by Kay Darby (July 2006)


I think most if not all of us dream of living in "utopia" in some form or other. For me utopia is a place that is quiet and natural with a temperate climate (and horses somewhere in the picture). Here's a little self-motivational write-up I did that illustrates my ideal situation; both geographically and professionally...

We Made It

Here we are; Jeff and me. A mild late afternoon breeze caresses our faces bringing with it the fresh earthy scents of mid-summer.
We’re sitting on our cozy covered porch overlooking the lake. The water is as still as glass.
I hear a horse whinny off in the distance; one of our horses calling over to another. I’d just finished a pleasant ride through our forested trails on the property. Jeff had just finished his latest toy figure. This creation is going to be as great a hit as the others. I have another horse sculpture in the works. It’s almost done and there’s a long list of people anxiously awaiting its release. All in good time however. There’s no need to rush.
Our real estate investments are all performing marvelously; generating lots of passive income for us. This combined with our solidly successful toy, game and sculpture business has us living a secure, comfortable and very pleasant existence here on our lakeside acreage.
My parents live on the property with us in their own little cottage. We also have a guesthouse that accommodates the regular visits of friends and relatives.
Jeff and I are both in excellent health. We are fit, well-rested and stress-free. We look forward to many more happy years together as we continue to enjoy this wonderful life's journey.

Ah yes...now if only I could be living that idyllic lifestyle THIS VERY MOMENT. All in good time however. Jeff and I are on our way.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh that sounds glorious :) A beautiful dream! Make it so, darling :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Kay Darby said...

Only a matter of time... :)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Yes, it is an ideal place. I can smell the fresh air! I also love the photo - it is very peaceful and I hope it becomes your reality soon :)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Ceeg said...

Hi Kay,

sounds like you are on a path to a wonderful place....

Caryl

9:29 PM  
Blogger Kay Darby said...

Thanks Sandra! Thanks Caryl! It's just one of many goals I have. Gotta have those goals! ;)

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home