The Casual Chronicles of an Incurable Creative

An Artist's Ramblings About Sculpting, Glass Beadmaking, Photography, 3D Art and Anything Else That Springs To Mind.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Art in a Button

I thought I'd share some of the artwork I've done so far for a few of the buttons Jeff and I created for our little art biz "tinyshinart.com"

Here are a couple of collage pieces:

I asked Jeff to paint some random freeform strokes in watercolour which I then composed and cut through the window of the circle cutter. Next, I selected and carefully placed a couple tiny fern-like leaves onto the little watercolour discs. Finally, I carefully assembled all the button components and pressed them together with the button press. Voila! No two are alike.

Here are a couple other one-of-a-kind collage buttons I created:

The first one is an assembly using scrapbooking accessories. It's a fun little piece. The button on the right is a section of dried leaf from the Forest Pansy Redbud tree. I love the colours and the veining on this one.

The other buttons I pressed are what I call "Fabulous Fibres". Here are a couple examples of these:

I created lots of different variations using dozens of different fabrics. I had a blast in the fabric store carefully examining each bolt of cloth to imagine if it would look great as a 1" button. I have one of these on my work pass and another on my canvas lunch bag. They make such great little accessories!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your buttons. My name is Kay Darby and I live in Yorkshire in England. a forty something with husband/daughter dog. Interesting to see other Kay Darbys of the world

5:01 AM  
Blogger Kay Darby said...

Hi Kay! That's the weirdest thing seeing your own name belonging to someone else out there in the world. "Kay" and "Darby" are by no means common names either. :)

Thank you for your compliment on my buttons. :) I really need to hurry up and get that website up and running properly soon.

And thanks so much for dropping by and saying hello. Come by again sometime!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat make money[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or misunderstood methods to generate an income online.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home